Wednesday, July 25, 2007

video #17: The White Stripes - Fell In Love With a Girl



This song sent chills down my spine when I first heard it. It still does today. And the video, directed by Michel Gondry, is still one of my favorites after five years. It's funny to think that there are people out there who hate on this because he apparently "cheated" by using computer programs to put together certain parts of this video. So it's not "pure" stop-motion animation? Yes, that certainly diminishes the effect. I'll never look at it the same way again!

What else can be said about the song? One of the first classics of the 21st century? Hardly a bold statement. I still need to hear Icky Thump, but that will be addressed before the end of the summer. Then again, how many times have I listened to Elephant or Get Behind Me Satan since they first came out? Hmmm...

No comments: