Wednesday, February 6, 2008

video #45: Cornelius - Wataridori



Probably the only time I've ever cried at a concert. Beautiful, wonderful song, perfect video. Directed by this group.

The Youtube stream was pixellated and awful-looking, so we have the larger, cleaner embedded video straight from the label instead! I was sad to see him leave Matador -- Sensuous could have used more publicity than it got -- but at least the move to Everloving hasn't forced him to sacrifice any of the visual aspects of his work. Still one of the most creative artists of our time. I only wish I'd gotten into him sooner than last year. Even though I'd heard and enjoyed many of his remixes years before, I had a hard time taking anyone seriously who was always being called "The Japanese Beck." But that was my loss.

No comments: