Wednesday, February 27, 2008

video #48: Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood



Here's where it all started. Hard to believe this is really seven years old now. I really wasn't into this "band" at all when they first came out, even coming dangerously close to falling in with the idiots who labeled them as nothing more than a big gimmick. But by the time Demon Days came out, which I've probably heard 200 times or more by now, I was a full convert. I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with them -- I don't own a single Gorillaz book, DVD, or figurine -- but if it weren't for Gorillaz, I probably wouldn't have had the idea to start exploring animated videos like this in the first place. This blog would be something very different now.

Between "Clint Eastwood" and the rise of Clinic around the same time, it seemed like we were on the verge of a great melodica revival. What happened?

No comments: