Wednesday, May 30, 2007

video #09: Röyksopp - Beautiful Day Without You



I know I just posted a Röyksopp video, but I'm going to go ahead and do it again. But which to choose? "Remind Me," especially the mix used in the video, is a great track, and seeing that video for the first time was what got me into the band in the first place. But "Remind Me" has been hyped and linked for years now. Deserving of a little more attention than it's received is "Beautiful Day Without You," the fourth single from The Understanding. Released almost a year after The Understanding, both the single and the video were more or less passed over and quickly forgotten. I've read some stinging critiques of the animation in the video, too, particularly of the main character. He's not detailed enough, his walk is funny, etc. Of course, any further rendering of him and we'd approach the uncanny valley, leading to more even complaints (this time justified).

I'm having trouble finding anything else from Damien Ferri, the director of this video. He apparently had a hand in this. I wonder if there's more to it.

No comments: